So, now it’s time for me to say goodbye to the Tridion community and hello to Contentstack. It’s been great to be a member of Hotel Tridion for over 19 years – it has taken me to over 12 different countries and I’ve met many interesting people. I’m grateful to Tridion for believing in me all those years ago and for all my colleagues who helped me with endless questions.
Last month I checked out of Hotel Tridion and checked into ‘Suite’ Contentstack – a headless CMS that focusses on a great editor experience and solid APIs. I always joked that Tridion is like the song Hotel California – “you can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave”. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWGFdL4tNW0
Living in Hotel Tridion taught me many things:
- Sharing is good – especially when it is tutorials or helpful code snippets. For example, when I visited the Tridion Developer Summit event in India many people came up to me and told me that my blog saved them time.
- Do things with positive intentions – When starting the Tridion Developer Summit my intention was to create an event to share solutions in a positive environment. It has been successful for 6 years with over 100 participants and 25 speakers each year. https://vimeo.com/378453697
- It’s ok to say “I don’t know” – even after doing Tridion for more than 19 years, there are still things I don’t know how to do in the platform.
- Being open and honest is always the best policy.
- Providing positive feedback about the things we like is very helpful. Giving constructive feedback is welcome – but be careful of the tone and consider the audience.
- People are always looking to improve things – ask what they would like to be improved and see if it’s possible to help
- Be nice
I’m looking forward to using these experiences in my role as a Solutions Architect at Contentstack. So far the team has made me feel very welcome – and it’s great to be part of a company where the product is growing fast and the customers are happy. I’m still learning a lot of new things, and that’s another aspect of the new job I like – growing both technically and personally.
Thank you to everyone who has supported and helped me over the years in Hotel Tridion. SDL will be taking over the lead of the Tridion Developer Summit and I wish them the best of luck with the event. And, wishing you much success with everything Tridion related – and if you’re ever curious about headless Content Management then let me know and I’ll be happy to show you a demo of Contentstack.